Saturday, March 21, 2009

Time distortion and a lack of effort

So I have now lived in Korea for a full two weeks it is time to address how things are going here in Daejeon. Things are really good so far teaching is fun and there are some good people here, I will admit that I am beginning to worry though. The reason that I am worried is that time over here in the land of the Morning Calm seems to have extended and last longer than good ol' USA time. Maybe my perception is just off and that I am still adjusting to the flow here, but it feels like I have been here for almost a month and I am slightly shocked to find out that it has only been 14 days. I think a lot of this is due to the fact that I have not ingratiated myself of the locals due to the considerable language barrier and I have also been surprisingly lackadaisacal about exploring this lovely country. Just some thoughts that are flowing through my head at the moment, perhaps I am not being as accepting as I normally would be, and I am clinging too much to the sense of missing my home in DC. Perhaps I should stop watching the West Wing as it is only a too harsh reminder of much that I left behind. That and I am miffed that I am missing March Madness, oh well. Well I am going to go play pool or something and maybe buy a bunny.

Will out

No comments:

Post a Comment