Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Last Night In the District

So this is it ladies and gentlemen, my last night in America for awhile. I had the pleasure of getting into DC one last time to see off some friends and of course the lovely sights and sounds of the District. I can't believe it finally snowed the day before I ship out, I suppose that I am lucky to see one day with snow, reminds me of New Hampshire, which I suppose is good because Daejeon (pronounced Tay-john) seems to have a similar climate, so perhaps I will get back my cold weather skin. This is my first time attempting a blog and normally the words that I write are for myself, so this will be a new experience for me in more ways than one. So onto the good stuff right?

What is the feeling of a man who is about to leave all of which he knows behind, for a land and culture far different than his own? Apprehension, anxiety, and fear would seem to be the general thoughts that can float through my mind, but I push those away for better thoughts, like puppies and the fact that I will be paid to read Dr. Seuss. So all and all it is not too bad, I get a lovely flight on an airplane, they spared no expense, and I get to live in what most will probably mistake as a walk in closet, but hey at least I chose this. Ultimately I have ante'd up and it's time to toss the dice.

Oh so it seems as if my luck has finally run out and I am going to run into future willie. Let's hope he isn't too pissed off at all the things I've done to him. Good-bye for now, I will attempt to keep this updated so that my life can be a little more accessible for those of you that care to see how I'm doing. Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment