Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Korean Tuesdays

That is mondays for most of you folks, but its all the same to me. Another day another bunch of classes. Good news only one kid cried today (two if you count me) but other than that today was pretty good, as I felt very well prepared for all of my classes. Today was good for many a reason I found out that Korea is the land of Cake and Pie, as I have gotten either or both everyday I have been in Korea so that's nice. Other things of note my trial by fire teaching experiment is rapidly coming to a close and soon I will be the grizzled veteran that has every nuance and problem solved.

I started to learn Korean today, I have begun the task of learning Hangul and soon after I will begin conversing with the hopes that I will be largely self sufficient, but I will consider it a victory if I can order a coffee without needing an interpreter. Do you have any idea how hard it is to mime drinking coffee? It's damn near impossible! Best thing about my learning Korean is that it is a free service, so I get all the benefits none of the cost.

We, (my co-workers and several Canadian friends) (yay Canada!) went out to get Korean food today, it was a hoot, as they kept on bringing us plate after plate of food, most of which they cook in front of us but all of it is delicious. I will say that the food here is delicious and I know that I am going to miss the tasty inexpensive cooking when/if I return home. Other great thing is it was only 5 bucks for a 7 course meal!

Well I am off to grade journals and contemplate buying a bicycle. Until later freedom friends.

p.s. Being from DC has given me a semi-celebrity status, everyone thinks its the cooooooolest thing ever. Maybe thats just me self projecting but I've never been one to boast... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Cake and Pie? This place sounds too good to be true. What proof can you offer that you are not writing these idealized posts at gunpoint?

    ReplyDelete