Friday, March 6, 2009

I will extend the blue hand of friendship...





So its said and done with I have officially left America for the grassy knolls and rolling hills of sweet Korea. Thankfully I left Chicago in one piece even though I did manage to get into a small tiff with a fellow passenger about where his snacks should go, (same place as my foot in a minute!) But the trip over on Korean Airlines was largely uneventful except they fed us korean food YAY Beebimbap! A few things I noticed about Koreans and their culture on the way over. First off, they love children, not in the creepy Michael Jackson way, but more in an over the top Jennifer Garner in Juno kindof way. Second Korean mothers are seemingly ok with letting anyone at all touch their child even take it from them and dance with it, did I mention Koreans love children? Children have free reign and are accountable to no one. This was demonstrated to me by this little 5 year old girl who thought it would be a good idea to stick her face in mine and touch my nose. Also she was running up and down the aisles largely being quiet, so I had few complaints until she started playing with the Emergency exit door, and I was convinced I was going to be launched into the frigid 35,000 ft air. Thankfully she decided not to murder us all. But aside from that the flight was fun. I made friends with the support staff by hilariously exploding a pen over my hand and turning it blue. They seemed to find this extremely funny. I unfortunately did not get the joke. So at least I can be known as William the Blue when I land in Korea, because everyone needs a title.

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up. This is hilarious. Glad that you got there safely.

    ReplyDelete