Friday, March 6, 2009

Incheon International Airport and My theory about Korean Girls

So having landed in Korea and then been given the task of getting to Daejeon, with a bit of customs and photo ops mixed in. What I noticed as I everyone on my plane ran by me to get through customs, was the Incheon Airport is very cool, probably helps that it is less than a decade old but still a pretty sweet looking place. My favorite was the statues of the Korean Zodiac soldiers, something about seeing rats and rams garbed for battle makes me giggle. So as I said everyone ran by me to get through customs and I was strolling along just taking in the sights, (I have a strange affinity for airports, I don't know why), I filled out my form and went directly to the open customs counter which all 400 people on my plane had missed. They were pretty pissed off that I "jumped" to the front of the line, but you know what they say about haste. So customs was a breeze and my luggage came up within 90 seconds of me waiting for it, everything was coming up milhouse. I was saddened by the fact that there were no cute beagles to search my luggage but win some lose some right?

So now that I am out of the customs area and it finally hits me, I am in Korea and they don't speak english. I don't know why this came to me as a shock but for some reason I just thought it would be like everyone used english because it is so much better. Fool. So I am juggling all my heavy luggage looking for an ATM as well as the bus stop and a phone to call my school when I just say screw it I am going to get through this on charm. This is where we get to my theory on Korean girls, so far it goes if I act a little bit lost and smile a lot and ask politely I can get help from these girls. I have only had to do this twice so far but right now I am batting a 1000% With my lovely conversation with Ms. Seoul (not the beauty queen she just lived there and I never learned her name) and also my true savior white jacket smile girl, which I well tell you about now. WJSG was going to Daejeon and I befriended her because I thought she would let me use her cell phone. I pull off to perfection my innocent naivette act and voila she lets me use her cell phone. What is more amazing than that is, this Korean family starts hassling me because I was in their seats or something, and she manages to diffuse the situation. On top of that, I fall asleep during the bus ride to Daejeon, and WJSG wakes me up and tells me when and where to get off of the bus because she spoke with my director at school. Nice girl that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment