Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's a going to be a great day

The sun is back out after its week long sabbatical and its looking like its going to be a great day. I have some of the morning off so I am watching what I can of game 7 with the CAPS. unleash the fury and whatnot. I have been a bit behind on my posting but I will drop in a few things that I think are important.

First and foremost, watching movies in Korea is all kinds of fun! Just this past week I went and saw a movie called Banlieue 13 ultimatum. I had wanted to get out and see a movie for awhile and this was my first opportunity to do so, not wanting to see a Korean film, or anything with Nicholas cage in it I decided upon this movie that had a picture of a white dude and the Eiffel tower on it. Seemed like a surefire winner to me. So I am in the theatre in my assigned seat, when a thought occurs to me...what if this is a french movie. what will I do? I dismiss the thought thinking that France could not have a strong movie presence in Daejeon Korea, it must be some Hollywood concoction. Turns out I was wrong. The movie begins with 3 people speaking rapid french to each other and I am thinking aw crap, I will have no idea whats happening. I decide to stick it out anyways and I am very glad that I did. It was a pretty cool action movie, and the plot was straightforward enough that I could follow the action and piece together what was happening. In fact I will go out on a limb and say that I liked the movie more than I would have had it been in English, because it added a degree of difficulty and intrigue in what most certainly would've been explicit and apparent in English.

Secondly, I have fallen in love with a local coffee shop. The have couches, good coffee, amazing hot chocolate, cute coffee girls, and they give you a dandelion tea if you are having your beverage in shop. Plus they have etchings of Hayao Miyazaki on the windows, really whats not to love.

Thirdly, I love my bike. I love it with my whole heart. Just thought everyone should know that. OK off to work again, but it is a short week this week so I am going to shoot up to Seoul for the weekend! Should be exciting.

Will out.

p.s. I should let you know that I do have a cell phone here, as well as my American one. Sadly Verizon doesn't work out here, best coverage my ass! But maybe I'll post the new cell# and get a text message or something. Oh and also I have found out that Korea tragically does not have Doritos. Its a sad day to live in Asia. Also no swine flu for me so yay!

2 comments:

  1. Ahaha I had totally written off B13 (and its new-to-me sequel, B13-U) - I guess I have to see it now. You might like Ong-Bak, which is probably only available in Thai or Korean in Daejeon.

    How does dandelion tea taste? How is it that everywhere you go has cute girls? Are there no uglies there at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who wins the bet about you having a cell phone, but I think it is me because I claimed you wouldn't be able to receive texts via your American cell phone. Jasper, you owe me a nickel.

    ReplyDelete