Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bike rides and Short weeks.

So where did we leave off? I think I had just finished leaving Chungnam University's Cherry blossom festival and was heading downtown to the river and a lovely bike ride. Here are some of the sights that I saw.


Just love what this image implies


And some local wildlife, cranes mostly...

That sums up the sights for my sunday bike ride, but before all was said and done I realized that I had biked 18 miles. A lot more than I had originally planned for but hey it was a fun 3 hours. So much fun that I have since decided to stop using public transportation in lieu of my bike, I wonder how long that will last. One excellent side effect of my incessant bike riding is that I have stumbled upon some incredible sights that I would not have seen otherwise. Take a look at a stunning sunset, and a large temple complex in the hills.


This temple was located behind some kind of jet propulsion laboratory...odd

Ah a shot of the elusive Dunkel Koreanatta a rare specimen!

Another shot of the temple, which now that
I think about it may have been made of concrete


Mountains on their own are pretty, couple that
with a sunset over a field of cherry blossoms
c'est magnifique.


A few more for good measure...

Look at the pretty building off on the right, they make missiles!

Signs of spring can't get enough of them really.

And one last shot because I have little to say except wow.

So hopefully these pictures are indicative of the lovely spring I am having, I am have a 3 day weekend and I am heading south to the sea for my maiden foray into Korea. Wish me luck in Mokpo, and Wolchusan mountain with the 8 m. stone Buddha...

will out

No comments:

Post a Comment