Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I made it!

I survived Mokpo and the treacherous Wolchulsan National Park, but not completely unscathed. I will be relaying the entire endeavor shortly, but this is another busy week at school (surprise). My body also appears to be under assault from a Korean pathogen known only as the common cold, so sleep and its trappings have been my main desire. I do understand that Baseball season has commenced and the Nationals are a stellar 0-7 which is about where I expected them to be. The Boston Terriers, whose mascot's name is Rhett, (don't ask me how I know these things) came into the Capital and won the Frozen four so good on them, and NHL playoffs start this week! With most of my favorite teams in good standing and what looks like the possibility of deep playoff runs and glorious beards ahead of them. I look forward to following the Bruins and Caps from the future and I will give you all the betting advice you need to make a delightful profit. I am going to have to cut this post short because I must go to work but I will do my best to bait you into returning, so I will recount a short tale of danger that involved me.

It was a bright a bright and sunny day, when I was leaving Wolchulsan. Fortune must not have been with me, for as I was leaving the park trail I was a little lost and unsure of where I was supposed to go. I was walking down a path near a babbling brook, and just as I understood that I was a mere 15 minutes from the trail head disaster struck! I slipped and skidded out on the gravel pathway and did a number on my leg. I carved a pretty decent chunk out of my knee, but I can walk still, albeit very slowly because I am sore. So the lesson I learned is, 8 hour hikes are more tiring than an anticipated 4 hour hike. I am sure everyone else already knew that and was keeping it a secret.



Until next time.
Will ouch

No comments:

Post a Comment